Thursday, January 25, 2007

First Day of Work

Monday January 22 was my first day of work. I found out that Cast Members that work for Walt Disney World deserve a lot more credit than what they receive. Today I was stationed to work at the Backlot Carts in Disney's MGM Studios. Everyday Merchantainment Cast Members receive different assignments as to what location they will be stationed at. My first assignment was to refill the water and ice on two of the park's carts. After a lot of trial and error I found out what to do and where to refill the carts. The rest of the day I was stationed at different store and carts throughout the park. I worked from 11:30 to 8:00 and I was taught closing procedures for the Star Tours ride.

Thursday January 25 I made my claim to fame on Good Morning America. Cast Members had the oppurtunity to volunteer in a press release in the Magic Kingdom. Media from all over the country were present to witness the deal signed by Al Weiss,, president of Walt Disney World Resorts and the president of Careerbuilder.com signed a campaign to advertise Disney on careerbuilder.com. We were able to be seen on Good Morning America. All 500 Cast Memebers that participated held up a card and then flipped it over to make images that could be seen from the aerial cameras. The images will be used for advertisements and commercials for careerbuilder.com. It was really interesting to be on the other side of the media. I am used to being the media and being the one that is trying to get every detail for the public to see and know. It was an awesome experience to be a part of the press release and I thought it was awesome to be on television despite the face that people might need a magnified glass to see me with. It was pouring rain all morning, but I still had an awesome time and learned a lot from the other perspective of the media.

No comments: