Monday, January 15, 2007

First Day Of Internship

Today I felt like I started college all over again. I had the anxious butterflies in my stomach while walking up to the check-in counter for the Disney World Internship Program. I was about to embark on a new journey in a new state, starting a whole new life, and best of all starting a whole new experience.
My tension was eased when I met three girls from Lousiana right away. As we started the two hour check-in process I met people from all over the world including Massachusetts, Lousiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Korea, Puerto Rico, and Michigan. I think that was the best part so far; meeting people from places I've never visited before myself.
I also got my roommate assignments today. My five roommates are from Illinois, New York, Puerto Rico, Korea, and Wisconsin. One of them is a broadcast journalism major as well. We talked about future employers that we could write for in the future because of this internship such as ESPN which is owned by Disney.
I'm extremely excited to start the internship and start this once-in-a-lifetime experience. Tomorrow is the day of truth when I find out my exact location of where I will be working for the next four months. I'll keep in touch!

No comments: